Monday, January 3, 2011

Unexpected Winter Wonderland Hits Southern California

For most of my 41years, I have lived in Sunny Southern California.  I love the sunshine and the mild winters we experience living here.  But on occasion it's nice to embrace a change of pace.

Already on pace to have a record-breaking year of rain fall, the Santa Clarita Valley where I live had an unexpected snowstorm come through yesterday.  The SCV is known for the theme park, Magic Mountain as well as very hot summer weather, but not snow.  For the first time, in thirteen years of living here, we got snow.  My kids, wife and even our labrador retriever were frolicking in the falling flakes from heaven.  While not much of it actually accumulated, it was a delightful change of pace and a gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment