Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lost in the Twilight Zone

My day began at 3:30 a.m. when my trusty iPhone woke me and reminded me that it was Mexico time!  So we got the family up, showered packed the vehicle and headed to the church.  We met our team, received registrations, funds and plenty of coffee and bagels before we headed south.  About 11 a.m. we pulled into the Ensenada Outreach Center and removed our luggage......well everyone's luggage except for my lovely wife's.  Mimi's bag was no where to be found.



All day long we worked while Mimi wondered where it could be.  There were several options: we could have left it at the church or at home or it could have fallen out of the back of the pickup.  We called our friend Karen to find out if she saw the bag at our house.  All of this was especially disconcerting to me as I was the one who was packing the vehicle.

When we returned from a satisfying and wonderful day building, it was apparent to all of us that the bag did not make the trip.  The ladies on our team rallied to my wife's side and showed amazing Christian character and charity.  They blessed her with jeans and t-shirts, jackets and boots.  And of course there have been dozens of chides to me as being in hot water that Mimi has relished as well.  But the bottom line is my wife has been cared for and blessed by some wonderful NorthPark ladies.

We went to bed not knowing where the bag could be.  Was it lost in the Twilight Zone?  We had no idea....until 7:30a.m. this morning when I got an email from our neighbor Karen who found the bag on our front porch.  So mystery solved....wife blessed.  It's a good day!  Two more days of hard work and team work and blessing.

There is more to the story...

It seems that Mimi's bag did make it into the back of the truck after all.  But I forgot to put the gate up in the truck and the luggage found its way onto the street.  I have no idea where it fell out, but it was hit or run over and then returned to my porch.  The saga continues and my life is no doubt in jeopardy as I was the one responsible or should I say irresponsible for the lost luggage.  I take full responsibility for this lapse that happened prior to 4:30a.m.  I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet.

1 comment: